Learn How To Clean, Protect & Maintain Your Shoes
Knowing how to care for your shoes will help to keep them looking and feeling their best over time.
Here below our step by step guide.
Full Grain Leather
- Remove dirt and dust with a brush, use it gently on the upper, sole, and welt as well.
- Dampen the cloth with lukewarm water and gently wipe again. Let the leather dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Using a cloth, apply a thin coating of shoe cream all around the shoe and rub it in well. Wait around 20 minutes or so, to give leather time enough to absorb the cream.
- Apply a wax polish with a cloth and let it dry for 5 minutes or so.
- Then use a fine horsehair brush to polish the shoe by rubbing backward and forwards. The shine will come out.
Polished Binder Leather
- Use a soft damp cloth and a drop of mild soap to remove any dust and dirt from upper, sole, and welt.
- Use a patent leather cleaner that contains silicone, this will restore the shine.
- Use a rubber eraser to remove any dirt and dust.
- Use a soft brush specific to suede and brush gently in the same direction. If you brush in different directions, some suedes will give the appearance of being two different colours.
- Use a suede protector to protect the suede from any water and other stains.
- To waterproof your shoes, use a non-silicone spray or a rain/stain repellent.
Please note: Mastro Zavatti cannot be held liable for any damage you may do to your shoes with the use of any spray, oil, or cream you apply. Before using a leather cleaner, conditioner and cream always read the instructions carefully and test in on a small area first.