Each leather type requires different care and has a different way of cleaning
Full Grain Leather
- Remove dirt and dust with a brush, use it gently on the upper, sole, and welt as well.
- Dampen the cloth with lukewarm water and gently wipe again. Let the leather dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Using a cloth, apply a thin coating of shoe cream all around the shoe and rub it in well. Wait around 20 minutes or so, to give leather time enough to absorb the cream.
- Apply a wax polish with a cloth and let it dry for 5 minutes or so.
- Then use a fine horsehair brush to polish the shoe by rubbing backward and forwards. The shine will come out.
Polished Binder Leather
- Use a soft damp cloth and a drop of mild soap to remove any dust and dirt from upper, sole, and welt.
- Use a patent leather cleaner that contains silicone, this will restore the shine.
- Use a rubber eraser to remove any dirt and dust.
- Use a soft brush specific to suede and brush gently in the same direction. If you brush in different directions, some suedes will give the appearance of being two different colours.
- Use a suede protector to protect the suede from any water and other stains.
- To waterproof your shoes, use a non-silicone spray or a rain/stain repellent.
Please note: Mastro Zavatti cannot be held liable for any damage you may do to your shoes with the use of any spray, oil, or cream you apply. Before using a leather cleaner, conditioner and cream always read the instructions carefully and test in on a small area first.